Monday, November 15, 2010

OH MY!!

So.....I would like to apologize for the lateness of my newest post. I had a bit of a computer problem, and by a problem I mean that I have a huge crack across the screen! Oh joy! Do not worry fair followers, the problem has been remedied by a purple acer netbook! (its so pretty!!) Soooo onto day three!!

Talk about you tattoos and piercings.
Well this is an interesting subject, and I love that its number three. These are usually something kept private. I know for me my tattoo is only for me because I am the only one with whom it would have any meaning. (which is why I am not including a picture) It is of a sparrow done all in black ink with the words "you're free" written in script below it. I got this tattoo during a very hard period in my life. I had basically turned my back on my faith, I was deep into depression and alot of other things that i was regretting. I couldn't really see a way out.
One day I was at a group meeting with some friends and we were doing guided meditation. We were told to find our token animal and let it send us a message. It took me a few minutes to really get it. A sparrow appeared in my line of vision and told me simply "YOU'RE FREE!" I knew at once what it meant when I felt as if a great weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I knew that it was telling me that forgiveness is there if i would only take it. My guilt and shame, my burdens and struggles were just lifted from me. Birds will always be my favorite animal because of the freedom that they represent to me.

How about you? Do you have any cool tat stories, or fun piercing dittys??

No comments: